AYP committed to community
The Aiken Young Professionals are committed to the local community on many fronts. Last year they spent countless hours volunteering time and raising funds for organizations, logging 530 community service hours as an organization and raising $7,600 for local charities and events.
In partnership with other community organizations, AYP’s efforts led to the following:
• remodeled living space for teen girls at Helping Hands
• brand new home for a happy family at the Habitat for Humanity 25th Build
• college scholarship endowment at USC Aiken in honor of public safety officers Scott Richardson and Sandy Rogers
• cookies for soldiers
• new bikes Christmas morning for children at Helping Hands
• funds to support cancer research through Relay for Life
• funds to benefit those with disabilities at STAR Riding
• funds to benefit the Aiken Department of Public Safety Police Athletic League (PAL)
The goal of AYP is to grow their membership to 300 this year, creating even more opportunities for the 22- to 39-year-olds to make a difference in the Aiken community.