Fall Business Academy 2015
Jump Start! Take Charge of Your Career & Your Full Life
About the Fall Business Academy
Jump Start! Take Charge of Your Career & Your Full Life is for professionals who want to be more intentional about how they “show up” and add value, especially at work. Research suggests high levels of disengagement in the workplace, but it doesn't have to be that way. Positive companies and positive people can and do create stronger engagement and bottom-line results.
Who Should Attend
Professionals who embrace the concept of a full life, not balance; who approach their lives with intention; who value time to reflect and plan; who want to be focused and accountable for high performance and satisfaction.
What Attendees will Experience
- A morning of professional development with Debra Hornell
- A light breakfast will be provided to all attendees, fresh seasonal fruit, pastries, orange juice and water and regular and decaf coffee.
- Networking with other professionals who strive for full lives
- Research and best practices to build positive/engaging work environments
- Clarity on what's important to you in all aspects of your life
- Strategies to minimize stress, increase satisfaction, build energy and strengthen contribution
- Learning how the three “Fs”—Foundation, Focus, Fortitude—can help to create the full life you want
- Structure to reflect on 2015 and determine what you want to achieve in 2016
- Attendees will receive a complimentary copy of Hornell’s book Good Things for a Full Life. The book contains 40 life lessons that have helped her create a full and satisfying life, and will inspire others to be more intentional in creating their own full lives
Who is Debra A. Hornell
Debra A. Hornell is the founder and president of Hornell Partners, Inc., a firm that partners with clients to meet their facilitation and organization development needs. She has extensive experience in team building, performance planning, leadership development, group facilitation, conflict management, change management and strategic planning.
She is respected for her ability to design and facilitate practical solutions to complex business challenges, while honoring and engaging people in the process.
Organizations with whom she has worked include Abbott Laboratories, Antenna International, Bridgestone Firestone, Careerbuilder.com, DeVry, Inc., Follett, Harris Bank, JLL, McDonald’s Corporation, NVIDIA Corporation, The Orlando Magic, Quest Diagnostics, Tupperware International, Tribune Publishing and WOMEN Unlimited, Inc.
Hornell’s clients describe her as “a straight shooter who tells you what you need to hear not what you want to hear. She will force you to look honestly at yourself and your organization to identify and leverage your strengths... while helping to ensure your development areas don't become a distraction.”
Hornell holds a B.S. in Education from Indiana University and an M.S. in Management and Organizational Behavior from Benedictine University. She and her family live in suburban Chicago.
The cost is 5 for $300 [buy 4 get 1 free] or $75 each.
The Fall Business Academy is sponsored by: