Retailers - Get Ready for the holidays!
Life in the retail store moves at grease-slicked warp speed once the "holiday season" begins. There's a whirl of incoming shipments and outgoing (filled to the gills) shopping bags. Here are a few simple reminders for the holiday shopping season:
• Confirm phone number, address and holiday business hours are on your home page. If customers have to dig to find you ... they won't.
• Assign a featured product to be posted on FaceBook every Tuesday. A routine and a schedule work best.
• As popular products arrive in your store, post pictures of their unboxing on FaceBook, with teasers about what's in each shipment.
• Get all the windows washed, inside and out, ASAP. With the sun setting earlier, you don't want customers seeing dirty spots on the interior-lit windows.
• Make a point of hugging your boyfriend/girlfriend/husband/wife/kids every single day until New Year’s Day. They need to feel that love is stronger than stress.
• Feel good about what you have accomplished, and remember that if retail was easy, everyone would do it.
Ideas from Cinda Baxter a coach for independent retailers