World-renowned leaders to speak at Chamber event
Aiken Chamber members and guests will have the opportunity to discover what it means to be a leader worth following – to be someone who can leverage their influence for the sake of others.
Leadercast®, an annual leadership event designed to positively change the way the world thinks about leadership, is coming to Aiken on May 8. The one-day program will feature distinguished leaders from around the world who will share their knowledge, experience, and the importance of being a leader worth following.
The event, broadcast live around the world from Atlanta, Georgia, will take place at the University of South Carolina Aiken from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
This year’s theme - The Brave Ones - challenges leaders to lead with a sense of bravery, possessing a posture of unrelenting boldness.
The event showcases the following speaker lineup:
- Andy Stanley - Leadership author and communicator
- Peyton Manning – Super Bowl winning Quarterback
- Malala Yousafzai - Nobel laureate; founder, The Malala Fund
- Ed Catmull - President of Pixar & Disney Animation Studios
- Seth Godin - Best-selling author
- Rudy Giuliani - 107th mayor of New York City (1993-2001)
- Aja Brown - Mayor, City of Compton
- Bill McDermott - CEO of SAP AG
- CMDR Rorke Denver - Navy SEAL commander & author
- Bill & Giuliana Rancic - Award- winning personalities & co-hosts of Leadercast
- And more!
Last year, more than 130,000 leaders from 35 countries attended Leadercast®. Now, in its 16th year, this full day, experiential conference is on track to reach its largest audience to date.
“It is one of the single most consolidated resources for leadership that I know of,” said J. David Jameson, Aiken Chamber President/CEO. “But it goes beyond that. I think this conference, although very focused on leadership, transcends the topic and really shows you how to lead in life.”
Corporate sponsor for the Aiken Chamber site is