State of Our Community LuncheonDate: August 31, 2011Time: 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm
471 University Parkway
Aiken, SC 29801
On August 31st business, civic, community, and education leaders will hear firsthand where our community is headed, when the Greater Aiken Chamber of Commerce hosts the fourth annual "State of Our Community" Luncheon.
The event, to be held at the USCA Convocation Center from 12 noon to 2 p.m., will feature several community leaders, who will provide brief overviews of accomplishments, but more importantly, their vision for Aiken's future.
The following will address the business community:
- Aiken County Council Chair Ronnie Young – “State of the County”
- Aiken Mayor Fred Cavanaugh – "State of the City”
- Aiken County School Superintendent Elizabeth Everitt, Ph.D. – "State of Education”
- 2011 Chamber Chair, Frank Thomas, Security Federal Bank – “State of Business”
- Dr. Dave Moody, DOE-SR Site Manager, will discuss Enterprise-SRS, his vision for the Savannah River Site