SBA & SCORE
Please go to http://www.usca.edu/sbdc/to link to the Small Business Development Center of South Carolina located at The University of South Carolina in Aiken.
We help new and existing business owners to succeed for FREE!
About SCORE (Service Corps of Retired Executives)
- SCORE is a nonprofit association dedicated to entrepreneurial education and the formation, growth, and success of small businesses nationwide.
- SMALL BUSINESS ownership makes your career dreams a reality; transforms lives; builds financial wealth; shapes futures and increases commerce in our communities.
- OUR MISSION is to help more entrepreneurs become successful business owners through free face-to-face and e-mail counseling.
- BUSINESS MENTORS We are composed of 10,500 volunteer business mentors, both working and retired, who counsel from 389 chapter offices throughout the country.
- VOLUNTEERS hail from every facet of the business community. Some have worked at large corporations such as Kodak, Xerox or Boeing. Some have served in our military or for the local or federal government. Others have spent years cultivating their own small business.
- SOUTH CENTRAL REGION CHAPTER headquartered in Aiken. We are real world professionals with world wide, time tested knowledge who donate our time and energy to help small business succeed. We provide free and confidential business counseling tailored to meet the needs of your business and your personal objectives. We are a 501(c) 3 organization.
- COUNSELORS Your local counselors, provide guidance and counseling in the South Central Region of South Carolina area. They are experts in such areas as business plan preparation, accounting, administration, finance, insurance, environmental management, construction, general management, manufacturing, retailing and sales.
Make an Appointment
To schedule an appointment, please contact the Greater Aiken Chamber of Commerce at (803) 641-1111. Mandy Collins will be happy to assist you.
Counseling is available to all U. S. citizens over the age of 13. Starting a business or expanding a business, SCORE counselors are here to help you succeed. Contact us to set up an appointment.
Our office hours are from 10:00 am to 1 PM, Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, and 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm on Thursday's. Our sessions are generally held at the offices of the Greater Aiken Chamber of Commerce at 121 Richland Ave. E in Aiken. If these hours are not convenient special meeting places and times can be set by mutual agreement with the individual counselor. There is no charge for counseling, no matter how many sessions are needed.
The volunteers of the South Central Region of SCORE in Aiken have rich and varied business backgrounds. Counselors share their business expertise and knowledge in all aspects of business.
Counselors and their areas of expertise:
Steve Banwarth – Engineering, Inventory Control, Management
Tim Bendle – General Management, Manufacturing, Industrial Marketing
Jim Childress – Marketing, Sales
John Eyler – Banking, Business Sales, Financial Analysis, Venture Capital
Pegi Flahault - Consulting, Admin, Start-ups, Office Management
Jack Gilbert – Banking, Business Start Up, Financial Analysis, Venture Capital
Hugh Johnston - Start up, Health care, Venture Capital, Non-profit
Kevin McCarthy - Marketing
Bill Roberts - Marketing, Management
Tom Robinson – Purchasing, Material Management, Administration
John Rogers - Planning, Turnarounds, Building Materials
Wayne Schierbaum – Business & Finance, Accounting, Business Plans, Financial Analysis
Ernie Squarzini – Manufacturing Mgmt., Engineering Mgmt., Electronics
Jack StClair - Sales, Marketing, Management
All counselors are able to advise clients on all general business topics.