Accounts Receivable Clerk (8AS17)
November 21, 2017
VACANCY (POSITION) NUMBER: 8AS17
RESPONSIBLE TO: Bursar
STATE CLASSIFICATION: Fiscal Tech II
LOCATION: Aiken Technical College, Aiken, SC
STATE SALARY RANGE: $26,988-$38,460
WORK SCHEDULE: Full-time, Monday – Friday
JOB DATE: January 2018
OPENING DATE: November 21, 2017
The accounts receivable clerk will prepare and process accounts receivable documents for the college. The incumbent will perform varied clerical, accounting and bookkeeping duties which may include posting, updating, reconciling, routine auditing and preparing summary financial and statistical reports.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitor and process company and state program student sponsorships in accordance with company and program authorizations.
- Monitor company and student receivables for past due invoices to include running an aging report for companies and students and making appropriate communication for requesting payment to minimize outstanding debt through established collection procedures.
- Serve as first level of referral of all student finance related issues.
- Monitor and process company grants and apprenticeships for Continuing Education in accordance with eligibility requirements.
- Perform management support activities to include accounts receivable data entry, research, charge transfers, and preparing checks and student refunds. Cross-train to perform all accounts receivable, Bursar, and cashiering related functions of the department.
- Other duties as assigned including, but not limited to: general administrative support for the department, cross train and assist cashiers during peak periods to include Bookstore cashiering, and participate in College activities and committees as assigned.
An Associate's Degree with accounting related courses and two (2) years of accounting or bookkeeping experience; or a high school diploma and four (4) years of accounting or bookkeeping experience. Previous experience in accounts receivable preferred. Computer and customer service skills are essential.
To Apply for this position:
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS: Please apply online at www.jobs.sc.gov. Unofficial college transcripts are required for all degrees earned and may be attached to the online application, faxed (803-593-8203), emailed (email@example.com), or mailed (P.O. Drawer 696, Aiken, SC 29802). All application materials must be submitted by the closing date. The application must be completed including all current and previous work history and education. A resume may be attached, but not substituted for completing work history and education sections of the application. In lieu of higher education degree, please include high school history. International transcripts must be evaluated through World Education Services. Scheduling of interviews will begin on November 29, 2017 and the position will remain open until filled.
Aiken Technical College is an equal opportunity employer committed to having diversity throughout the College. Any requests for reasonable accommodation to apply for this position should be directed to Human Resources by calling 803-508-7497, or writing to the above address. Requests for accommodations must be made by the above-stated deadline.