Administrative Specialist - Human Resources (1AS18)
January 4, 2018
VACANCY (POSITION) NUMBER: 1AS18
RESPONSIBLE TO: Human Resources Director I
STATE CLASSIFICATION: Administrative Specialist II
LOCATION: Aiken Technical College, Aiken, SC
STATE SALARY RANGE: $22,182 - $31,614
WORK SCHEDULE: Full-time, Monday – Friday
JOB DATE: February 2018
OPENING DATE: January 3, 2018
To perform with excellence a broad range of administrative support duties for multiple staff members within the Human Resources Department and to foster a welcoming and engaging office environment for candidates and employees seeking services.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinates the electronic applicant system reviewing all incoming applications for completeness, sends correspondences for incomplete packets, uploads supporting documents, and sends notifications regarding status of positions. Serves as a responsive and accurate initial point of contact for inquiries in person, by phone, and electronically.
- Assists in the hiring process by completing all reference checks for potential candidates, assists in scheduling interviews, processes background checks prior to hire, and coordinates the logistics for adjunct and tutoring hiring process.
- Drafts offer letters of employment, processes new hire packets, follows up on missing information, sets up personnel files, enters biographical information and updates on new and existing employees. Coordinates keys for all new hires and employee separations.
- With input from supervisor, identifies, prioritizes and completes administrative tasks in a timely manner.
- Coordinates logistics for procurement according to relevant policies and procedures.
- Assists in serving as backup to areas of Human Resources to include: policy and procedure, employee leave, employee events, employee evaluation management.
- Performs and maintains procedures to strengthen office efficiency. Participates in campus wide activities and committees and performs other administrative duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: An Associate’s degree or a High School diploma and two (2) years of related work experience. Selected positions may require the ability to type at a corrected rate of 35-55 wpm and/or basic knowledge of computer operations. Bachelor’s Degree with at least two (2) years of related administrative office experience in a human resource office preferred.
To Apply for this position:
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS: Please apply online at www.jobs.sc.gov. Unofficial college transcripts are required for all degrees earned and may be attached to the online application, faxed (803-593-8203), emailed (firstname.lastname@example.org), or mailed (P.O. Drawer 696, Aiken, SC 29802). All application materials must be submitted by the closing date. The application must be completed including all current and previous work history and education. A resume may be attached, but not substituted for completing work history and education sections of the application. In lieu of higher education degree, please include high school history. International transcripts must be evaluated through World Education Services. Scheduling of interviews will begin on January 11, 2018 and the position will remain open until filled.
Aiken Technical College is an equal opportunity employer committed to having diversity throughout the College. Any requests for reasonable accommodation to apply for this position should be directed to Human Resources by calling 803-508-7497, or writing to the above address. Requests for accommodations must be made by the above-stated deadline.