Administrative Specialist -ISM (3as18)
February 13, 2018
VACANCY (POSITION) NUMBER: 3AS18
RESPONSIBLE TO: Chief Information Officer
STATE CLASSIFICATION: Administrative Specialist II
LOCATION: Aiken Technical College, Aiken, SC
STATE SALARY RANGE: $22,182 - $31,614
WORK SCHEDULE: Full-time, Monday – Friday
JOB DATE: February 2018
OPENING DATE: February 12, 2018
The Administrative Support position located in the Information Systems Management (ISM) office performs a broad range of administrative tasks for the department and fosters a welcoming office environment for students, faculty, staff and visitors.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serves as a responsive and accurate initial point of contact for the department in person, by phone, and electronically. Performs and maintains procedures to strengthen office efficiency.
- Coordinates logistics for procurement for the department according to relevant policies and procedures. With input from supervisor, identifies, prioritizes and completes administrative and support tasks in a timely manner.
- Administers and manages help desk software. Submits and assigns service tickets to appropriate ISM groups.
- Develops, maintains, and provides ISM related orientations for all new faculty, staff, and students. Administers information security training to all College employees to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Provides support of the College’s phone system to ensure timely setup of phones and accurate directory information. Administers and supports the College’s mass notification system to ensure up to date memberships and groups and timely notification to College constituents as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor which may include participation in college wide meetings and committees. Prepares and maintains specialized records and reports.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: An Associate’s degree or a High School diploma and two (2) years of related work experience. Selected positions may require the ability to type at a corrected rate of 35-55 wpm and/or basic knowledge of computer operations. Associate’s Degree with at least two (2) years of related administrative office experience in an educational setting preferred.
To Apply for this position:
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS: Please apply online at www.jobs.sc.gov. Unofficial college transcripts are required for all degrees earned and may be attached to the online application, faxed (803-593-8203), emailed (firstname.lastname@example.org), or mailed (P.O. Drawer 696, Aiken, SC 29802). All application materials must be submitted by the closing date. The application must be completed including all current and previous work history and education. A resume may be attached, but not substituted for completing work history and education sections of the application. In lieu of higher education degree, please include high school history. International transcripts must be evaluated through World Education Services. Scheduling of interviews will begin on February 20, 2018 and the position will remain open until filled.
Aiken Technical College is an equal opportunity employer committed to having diversity throughout the College. Any requests for reasonable accommodation to apply for this position should be directed to Human Resources by calling 803-508-7497, or writing to the above address. Requests for accommodations must be made by the above-stated deadline.