Administrative Specialist- Teaching & Learning Division (1TL18)
January 5, 2018
VACANCY (POSITION) NUMBER: 1TL18
RESPONSIBLE TO: Dean Teaching & Learning Excellence
STATE CLASS: Administrative Specialist II
LOCATION: Aiken Technical College, Aiken, SC
STATE SALARY RANGE: $22,182-$31,614 WORK SCHEDULE: Full-time, Monday – Friday
BAND: 3 JOB DATE: February 2018 OPENING DATE: January 3, 2018
The Administrative Specialist position located in the Teaching and Learning Excellence division performs a broad range of administrative tasks in support of programs and fosters a welcoming office environment for students, faculty, staff and visitors.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides administrative and office support to Dean. Identifies, prioritizes and completes administrative tasks by designated deadlines. Ensures all tasks are completed in accordance with College policies and procedures.
- Serves as a responsive and accurate initial point of contact for inquiries in person, by phone, and electronically. Serves as first level of referral for divisional student concerns.
- Performs all divisional support duties including logistics, budget maintenance and procurement. Coordinates logistics for committee meetings in the Teaching and Learning Excellence Division.
- Provides academic scheduling support for the division to include faculty loading, data entry, and reporting.
- Serves as liaison between Administrative Services and area personnel ensuring all required deadlines are met. Aids in the orientation of new personnel to division. Provides customer service to internal and external customers.
- Participates in campus activities, serves on College committees, and performs other duties as assigned.
An Associate’s Degree or a High School diploma and two (2) years of related work experience. Selected positions may require the ability to type at a corrected rate of 35-55 wpm and/or basic knowledge of computer operations. Bachelor’s Degree with at least two (2) years of related administrative office experience in an educational setting preferred.
To Apply for this position:
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS: Please apply online at www.jobs.sc.gov. Unofficial college transcripts are required for all degrees earned and may be attached to the online application, faxed (803-593-8203), emailed (email@example.com), or mailed (P.O. Drawer 696, Aiken, SC 29802). All application materials must be submitted by the closing date. The application must be completed including all current and previous work history and education. A resume may be attached, but not substituted for completing work history and education sections of the application. In lieu of higher education degree, please include high school history. International transcripts must be evaluated through World Education Services. Scheduling of interviews will begin on January 11, 2018 and position will remain open until filled.
Aiken Technical College is an equal opportunity employer committed to having diversity throughout the College. Any requests for reasonable accommodation to apply for this position should be directed to Human Resources by calling 803-508-7497 or writing to the above address. Requests for accommodations must be made by the above-stated deadline.