November 21, 2017
VACANCY (POSITION) NUMBER: 7AS17
RESPONSIBLE TO: Bursar
STATE CLASSIFICATION: Fiscal Tech I
LOCATION: Aiken Technical College, Aiken, SC
STATE SALARY RANGE: $22,182-$31,614
WORK SCHEDULE: Full-time, Monday – Friday
JOB DATE: January 2018
OPENING DATE: November 20, 2017
The Cashier is responsible for providing fiscal support, customer service, and administrative support to the Financial Services Department.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform cashiering duties in accordance with College operations, policies and procedures.
- Serve as responsible and accurate initial point of contact for cashiering and student finance
- related inquiries in person, by phone, and electronically.
- Assist in monitoring and processing company and state program student sponsorships and
- company grants and apprenticeships in accordance with applicable authorizations and within eligibility requirements.
- Perform management support activities to include accounts receivable data entry, research,
- charge transfers, and preparing checks and student refunds.
- Other duties as assigned including, but not limited to: general administrative support for the department, assist Bookstore cashiering support during peak periods, and participate in College activities and committees as assigned.
An Associate’s degree with accounting related courses; or a high school diploma and two (2) years of accounting or bookkeeping experience. Previous experience in accounts receivable or cashiering preferred. Computer and customer service skills are essential.
To Apply for this position:
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS: Please apply online at www.jobs.sc.gov. Unofficial college transcripts are required for all degrees earned and may be attached to the online application, faxed (803-593-8203), emailed (email@example.com), or mailed (P.O. Drawer 696, Aiken, SC 29802). All application materials must be submitted by the closing date. The application must be completed including all current and previous work history and education. A resume may be attached, but not substituted for completing work history and education sections of the application. In lieu of higher education degree, please include high school history. International transcripts must be evaluated through World Education Services. Scheduling of interviews will begin on November 29, 2017 and the position will remain open until filled.
Aiken Technical College is an equal opportunity employer committed to having diversity throughout the College. Any requests for reasonable accommodation to apply for this position should be directed to Human Resources by calling 803-508-7497, or writing to the above address. Requests for accommodations must be made by the above-stated deadline.