Customs Brokerage Rep III
November 29, 2017
2031 S. Centennial Ave
Aiken, SC 29803
Process and Audit U.S. Customs entries, audit invoices to ensure accuracy in accordance with U.S. Customs laws, regulations, and UPS-SCS policy by performing the following duties:
Essential Job Duties:
Include the follow. Other duties may be assigned.
- Examines invoices and shipping manifests and other documents for conformity to tariff and customs regulations. Audits entries and billing invoices to ensure accuracy. Follow up with team lead and management team with any issues.
- Interfaces with US Customs, Other Government Agencies, internal/external customers, and /or field offices to obtain release of incoming freight to resolve delays.
- Prepares reports of transactions to facilitate entry of and/or billing of shippers and foreign carriers.
- Updates information on Customer SOP and maintain for all assigned accounts.
- Invoice UPS-SCS charges correctly and accurately with respect to the freight service level, customer profile and /or any special instructions from Field Service Center.
- Provide excellence in customer service.
- Exercise timely control over post entry matters, as defined, including re-bills, revisions, petitions, and protests.
- Assist in training team members and assisting Lead and/or Supervisor when required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Resolve any ABI rejects or Census Warnings received on an entry
- Set up new accounts.
- Candidate must have acceptable performance records (including controllable costs) and no open disciplinary actions pending.
- Last ATPA score must be a minimum of 1.10 or Manager endorsement.
- Must be at PPR for Productivity and Accuracy for the last 6 months
- All applicants must not currently be on a Performance Improvement Plan in order to be considered for this position
- Must be able to work holidays and additional hours as needed.
- Candidate must have an acceptable attendance record.
- Rating experience required
- A minimum of one year of customer service, general office, or data entry experience.
- Accurate and rapid data entry
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven organizational skills
- 6 months of Air Ocean experience is required.
- The ability to project a professional image to the customer and to represent UPS SCS in a positive manner.Working knowledge of:
- Additional Skills Preferred:
- BDIS (Brokerage Document Imaging System)
- E2K (Transportation System)
- FGV - Flex Global View
- BOSS (Brokerage Operations Support System)
- Microsoft Office software systems such as MS Word, MS Excel and MS Access.Image Management System
- Internet/Intranet, Email, and Right fax
- Minimum two years brokerage experience, four year degree and/or Customs Brokers License preferred.ACE/FDA experience preferred.
- Interpersonal Skills:
- Extremely organized and detail oriented
- Highly motivated team player
- Positive, enthusiastic and persistent
- Ability to handle several responsibilities at the same time
Hold self-accountable for one's work
Ability to learn and work on your own
Excellent communication skills along with the ability to identify and resolve problemsThe individual who accepts the position must understand their scheduled vacation time is subject to change if their time conflicts with those vacation times already scheduled in the department.Employer will not sponsor visas for position.
- UPS is an equal opportunity employer – race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity.
- OTHER CRITERIA:
- Individuals who accept this job opportunity will be expected to be flexible in assisting with coverage in other departments, during fluctuations in volume, vacation coverage or leave of absence coverage and as required by their management team.
To Apply for this position:
apply on upsjobs.com