Machine Tool Technology Instructor (3TE17)
November 15, 2017
VACANCY (POSITION) NUMBER: 3TE17
RESPONSIBLE TO: Dept. Chair: Welding & Machine Tool Technology
STATE CLASS: Instructor
LOCATION: Aiken Technical College, Aiken, SC
STATE SALARY RANGE: Commensurate
WORK SCHEDULE: Full-time, Monday – Friday
JOB DATE: January 2018
OPENING DATE: November 14, 2017
The Machine Tool Technology Instructor will provide instruction for Machine Tool Technology courses. Aiken Technical College faculty provide instruction and academic advisement.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Teach courses as assigned in accordance with established syllabi.
- Prepare, review and maintain courses and programs, syllabi, and instructional materials.
- Demonstrate appropriate course and classroom management.
- Provides academic guidance, assists students in developing personal, academic and professional plans, and engages in the College’s program recruitment, student retention, and graduation efforts.
- Participate in College activities and projects and promote the College through community service.
- Participate in activities that will develop the individual’s teaching performance, instructional development, knowledge of subject matter, and/or teaching or subject area qualifications in keeping with the College’s mission and institutional goals.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or an Associate’s Degree and demonstrated competencies in the teaching discipline are required. Preferred Requirements: Associate’s Degree in Machine Tool Technology and a minimum of five (5) years' appropriate work experience in the machine tool and CNC industry. National Institute of Metal Working Skills (NIMS) certification; AutoCad, Solid-Works, and MasterCam experience, preferred. The ability to communicate effectively and develop programs and curricula to meet industry needs, and demonstrate machine tool skills that meet standards applicable to machine tool technology, and three (3) years’ of teaching experience is also preferred.
To Apply for this position:
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS: Please apply online at www.jobs.sc.gov. Unofficial college transcripts are required for all degrees earned and may be attached to the online application, faxed (803-593-8203), emailed (email@example.com), or mailed (P.O. Drawer 696, Aiken, SC 29802). All application materials must be submitted by the closing date. The application must be completed including all current and previous work history and education. A resume may be attached, but not substituted for completing work history and education sections of the application. In lieu of higher education degree, please include high school history. International transcripts must be evaluated through World Education Services. Scheduling for interviews will begin on November 22, 2017 and position will remain open until filled.
Aiken Technical College is an equal opportunity employer committed to having diversity throughout the College. Any requests for reasonable accommodation to apply for this position should be directed to Human Resources by calling 803-508-7497 or writing to the above address. Requests for accommodations must be made by the above-stated deadline.