Payroll Clerk (2AS18)
January 10, 2018
VACANCY (POSITION) NUMBER: 2AS18
RESPONSIBLE TO: Human Resources Director I
STATE CLASSIFICATION: Fiscal Tech II
LOCATION: Aiken Technical College, Aiken, SC
STATE SALARY RANGE: $26,988 - $38,460
WORK SCHEDULE: Full-time, Monday – Friday
JOB DATE: February 2018
OPENING DATE: January 3, 2018
Under the general supervision from the Director of Human Resources, the Payroll Clerk provides support in all areas of human resources with primary emphasis in payroll.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for preparation, processing and reconciliation of monthly payroll for College employees. Processes all payroll timesheets for temporary employees, reconciles payroll liabilities, and coordinates with outside agencies regarding employee pay. Works closely with auditors on fiscal year end closeout and preparing year end information for audits.
- Responsible for preparing reports associated with monthly and quarterly payroll including retirement, state and federal taxes, and W-2’s. Remittance vouchers are prepared and processed for benefit and deduction liabilities.
- Enters position information for employees with temporary employment agreements, enters and processes employment agreements and dual employments. Processes Faculty Assignment Contracts for all academic adjuncts for each semester.
- Serves as backup to all areas of Human Resources to include but not limited to: benefits and leave, recruitment and selection, workers compensation, employee events, reporting, and administrative support.
- Responsible for tracking mandatory employee training and professional development.
- Completes all requests for employment and payroll verifications for current and previous employees in a timely and accurate manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned including participating in College activities and committees.
Associate’s Degree with accounting related courses and two (2) years of accounting or bookkeeping experience; or a High School diploma and four (4) years of accounting or bookkeeping experience. Two (2) years of direct payroll experience preferred. Experience and knowledge with payroll regulations, procedures, taxes and laws are essential.
To Apply for this position:
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS: Please apply online at www.jobs.sc.gov. Unofficial college transcripts are required for all degrees earned and may be attached to the online application, faxed (803-593-8203), emailed (firstname.lastname@example.org), or mailed (P.O. Drawer 696, Aiken, SC 29802). All application materials must be submitted by the closing date. The application must be completed including all current and previous work history and education. A resume may be attached, but not substituted for completing work history and education sections of the application. In lieu of higher education degree, please include high school history. International transcripts must be evaluated through World Education Services. Scheduling of interviews will begin on January 11, 2018 and the position will remain open until filled.
Aiken Technical College is an equal opportunity employer committed to having diversity throughout the College. Any requests for reasonable accommodation to apply for this position should be directed to Human Resources by calling 803-508-7497, or writing to the above address. Requests for accommodations must be made by the above-stated deadline.