When is Aiken's Makin'?
- Friday, Sept. 10, 2021
9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Saturday, Sept. 11, 2021
9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- The show is on Park Avenue between Union Street and Chesterfield Street. For gps purposes, use the City of Aiken Visitor Center at 406 Park Ave SE, Aiken, SC 29801
- Guest may park in any legal parking spot on the side streets surrounding the event. Newberry Street is a one block walk. First Baptist Church, and the African American Center for Art Culture and History are both one block. The Aiken Public Library parking area is one block. The grass along the railroad track on Park Avenue past Union Street is another.
- There is handicap parking on Fairfield Street near Saint Mary's Help of Christians Church at 138 Fairlield St SE, Aiken, SC 29801. There is also a turn around at that intersection of Fairfield Street and Park Avenue so it is an easy place to drop off and pick up guests if the designated parking is full.
- Although we can not guarantee it, it has been our experience that vendors are happy to take cash, credit, and some will take checks.
- There is an ATM at TD Bank which is at the corner of the show, 142 Chesterfield St. SE, Aiken, SC 29801
- While dogs do visit the show, it is not an ideal place for them. There are no water dishes, there is not really an area for them to play and the black asphalt is very hot on their pads. The crowds can get a little thick at times and your pet may not be happy in that situation. Some vendors prefer that pets not enter their booths because of fragile objects. It is also impossible to predict the behavior of children (and some adults) at the event when approaching your pet. If your pet does join you, please be prepared to pick up after it and bring water.
- No, there are no rides at the show. Our young friends enjoy visiting the booths with handmade toys, sand art, face painting and discovering gifts for family and friends along the way.
- No, that simply causes litter. This show is for artists, crafters and food vendors. It is not a place to solicit.
- Applications are taken from January 1- February 27 each year. This allows our artists and crafters time to prepare enough inventory for the show.
- This is a juried show and we do not have a waiting list. If someone cancels we go to a vendor that has already been through the jury process.
- To receive an application for the 2022 show, send an email to email@example.com and let her know if you are a craft or food vendor. The link to the application will be sent to you in January.
- Guests are encouraged to return found items to an Aiken Chamber of Commerce staff member or volunteer. A staff member or volunteer will be located near the intersection of York St. and Park Avenue in the parking area of Fox Shoe Repair. After the event, any items may be claimed at the Aiken Chamber of Commerce. Give us a call at (803) 641-1111.